Markets are near their historical tops and gold too.
But banks are still lagging and it has been lasting for years.
Could be a global solvency problem, Mr U. is telling me.
We will go through a depression (way too much debt, 331% of World GDP according to latest figures from the IIF).
May be depression will be deflationary at first, and maybe/probably we’ll have hyperinflation later (currencies losing all of their value).
The all system is at risk. Be very careful with your money.
Charts are monthly, last data July 24, 2020.
More recent data (a week old) of the Price to Book Value Ratio on a few banks:
- Banque Cantonale Vaudoise : 2.28 (good)
- Vontobel : 2.26 (good)
- Julius Baer : 1.52 (ok)
- Credit Suisse : 0.57 (not good)
- Deutsche Bank : 0.30 (very bad)
- Commerzbank : 0.20 (very bad)
- ABN Amro : 0.19 (very bad)
- BNP Paribas : 0.45 (bad)
- Crédit Agricole : 0.42 (bad)
- Société Générale : 0.21 (very bad)